And the bride is... my friend Janelle! I made her a cute gift set for her bridal shower that's tomorrow.
First, I made bride and groom wine bottle covers. I used the ones my mom got me for my wedding as a template and just winged it. They turned out cute, but I don't think I like making small items. Notice the cute bow on the back of the bride? Yep, that is covering the pleat mistake. I will give her filled bottles of wine... just haven't bought them yet as of taking the photo.
Then last week, I stumbled upon this cute bride fabric at Joanns and decided something had to be made out of it for Janelle. I kicked it into high gear starting last Saturday and going until this Thursday night (while missing a few of Molly's walks and not showering one day), I made a reversible tote bag from this tutorial. I think it took about 20 hours, minus breaks, going to work, feeding Kory and such. There were many seams ripped out, since I like to think I know what I'm doing and only briefly read the directions. But that's how I learn!With the left over fabric, I made a super easy (took less than 1 hour) drawstring bag. I will put some Monster Cookies in it (plastic bag, too) and the recipe for them on a card I received with the shower invite.
Phew... I need a sewing break after all of that! And don't forget, I'm also giving her a non-homemade item... A thong pantie with her new Mrs name.


1 comment:
What a great collection of gifts for the bride-to-be! My favorite is the trim on the bag. Good job Lindsay!!
Post a Comment