I made hot pads for the moms (Kory's and mine), a house and an apple. Guess who gets which one? I got inspiration for these Mother's Day gifts from a really cool website: Patchwork Pottery. Specifically the pear hotpad.These were my attempt at learning patchwork quilting, free-motion sewing and binding without making a huge thing like a quilt. The patchwork was fun. On the windows of the house, I used the close-together satin stitch. After buying a darning free-motion foot and learning you have to set the dial to 0, it was smooth sailing on the free-motion designs. For the binding, I bought a bias tape maker to make my own out of fabric. Still not brave enough to try the better-looking, harder way of attaching binding. I used a zig-zag stitch on the edge.

I made greeting cards to go along with the hot pads from the scraps.


2 comments:
OK, so I'm not really sure who got which one...
By the way, has Kory moved on from wanting pumpkin pie for all of his birthdays?
Dina got the house and Kathe got the apple.
Yes, Kory has moved on from pumpkin pie to wanting death by chocolate for every birthday. And for any other day he can get it.
We will have to send you a potatoe bin. Any special feature requests?
Post a Comment