The mothers are getting dish towels this year! I used some of the fabric I used two years ago for their Mother's Day gifts. Hey, guess this is like a kitchen set - if only I had the time to do it all at once (and not two years later!). I used cotton fabric for the two trim pieces and a textured muslin for the rest of the dish towel. I used this post from the blog 2 Giggle Boxes as reference. I intended to make at least one of the trim pieces have ruffles, but realized after cutting all three pieces the same width that ruffles require more width. Actually, I really did not follow the directions as I should have. And ended up having to redo the longer fabric part. Guess thats just my way of learning how to sew something :-) Also, Kory asked if they were for our kitchen. I had to unfortunately tell him they were going to be shipped away to Iowa and Montana. Glad he liked them, and hope the mothers like them, too!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Happy Mother's Day Towels
The mothers are getting dish towels this year! I used some of the fabric I used two years ago for their Mother's Day gifts. Hey, guess this is like a kitchen set - if only I had the time to do it all at once (and not two years later!). I used cotton fabric for the two trim pieces and a textured muslin for the rest of the dish towel. I used this post from the blog 2 Giggle Boxes as reference. I intended to make at least one of the trim pieces have ruffles, but realized after cutting all three pieces the same width that ruffles require more width. Actually, I really did not follow the directions as I should have. And ended up having to redo the longer fabric part. Guess thats just my way of learning how to sew something :-) Also, Kory asked if they were for our kitchen. I had to unfortunately tell him they were going to be shipped away to Iowa and Montana. Glad he liked them, and hope the mothers like them, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment