Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Smock

I made another smock in early December for our 3-year old nephew Bryan. Joanns stopped selling the Cars picnic table cloth fabric I had used for Blake's smocks a few years ago, or any other fabric that would work. I checked at Hancocks and found clear Cars vinyl, on sale for $2/yard from about $8/yard. I bought all that they had left :-). I made two smocks, one for Bryan and one for Colter. Also, I cut a big piece of the vinyl for Bryan to use as a floor mat. And I still have some of it left for future use. This material was great to work with. Sewing it together and sewing on the bias tape was so easy. Even easier than cotton, and no ironing required.

Next up, I have a lot of projects to do. A twin XL size quilt for Colter's big boy bed, frames for his wall, baby girl bed skirt, baby girl valence, and hanging puffs for her room. Here's a sneak peek at the fabric I will be using.

No comments: