Thursday, February 10, 2011

Big Boy Bed




The big boy bed is done! Instead of getting another crib for the arrival of Baby Girl, we decided to make a new bed for Colter. We've had a twin XL bed that Kory used in college - it's a comfortable mattress. Kory built a bed frame to use with it. I choose a blue paint for it - similar to a bed I saw at Pottery Barn. It will match his cowboy theme that will be brought over from his baby room. The valence and decorations will be moved. The bedskirt, and tons of other fabric, are being used for a quilt that is in the works right now. Since the room Colter will be moving to is rather small, we did a low loft style bed with drawers underneath it. Rustic star knobs were used on the drawers. Not sure I'm comfortable about the side rails - or lack of. Now we begin the transition - hopefully before Baby Girl gets here. Last weekend, Colter napped one day in it. He was happy to get in it, have Daddy read him a couple of books, but did not like when Daddy shut the door and left. He cried for about 15-minutes, finally falling asleep for a little over an hour. When he awoke, I found him sitting at the end of the bed, so hopefully he slept in it (and not on the floor). Just not under the covers.

No comments: